This book was developed using research for addressing and the prevention/intervention of relational aggression in girls. The lessons and activities can be used in classrooms and small groups as a tool for girls who are dealing with issues related to relational aggression. Nine sessions in the book will help you address girl bullying issues in your classroom and school, and an optional 10th session is offered for follow-up purposes.
This program includes a pretest and posttest evaluation tool that will help you to collect data for accountability.
Topics covered in the book are:
- Relational Aggression Awareness
- Relational Aggression Strategies
- Challenging Negative Belief Systems about Girl Behaviors
- Defining Normative Beliefs about Relational Aggression
- Identifying Thoughts, Feelings and Actions Associated with Relational Aggression
- Problem Solving Situations Involving Relational Aggression
- Assertiveness Skills and Strategies
- Behavior Contracts or Promises
- Healthy Friendship Skills and Strategies
- Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence Building
- Emotional Development
- Empathy Training
- Perspective Taking and Understanding Differences
- Self-Esteem and Self-Talk
- Role Playing
- Goal Setting
Author: Jamie Kupkovits, Ed.S., NCSP.