This book is designed to teach relationally aggressive girls how to effectively communicate with each other, instead of opposing each other. It is intended to be used in a small group format, but many of the activities can be adapted for classroom counseling and large group settings. It can also be used by professional school counselors, administrators, counselors, teachers, social workers, psychologists, and many others to teach girls how to be positive leaders and role models, without being mean. The book explores the important details of female friendships and
covers the following:
- Raising awareness about relational aggression!
- Helping girls develop empathy!
- Reducing incidence of gossip, rumor spreading, and backstabbing!
- Teaching girls to stand up for themselves, without involving a third party!
- Helping girls develop a strong sense of self!
- Teaching healthy conflict!
- Teaching girls to diffuse their anger, without disrespecting each other!
- Providing a safe, educational, and fun environment for girls to explore and share their feelings related to girl bullying!
Author: Julia V. Taylor, M.A.