This book provides teachers, school counselors, social workers and psychologists with tools to assist students in grades 6-8 with better impulse control. The book provides more than 130 activities and reproducible worksheets to help students think about and practice strategies to address many areas that are affected by being impulsive, such as academics, emotions, problem-solving, social skills, and romantic relationships.
The activities are designed to teach students how to:
- Understand the value of impulse control
- Use patience and tolerance
- Anticipate consequences
- Practice good problem-solving strategies
- Recognize and manage feelings
- Use Impulse control with peers
- Practice good listening skills
- ?Be the Boss? of impulses
- Use impulse control with anger and anxiety
- And more!
Author: Tonia Caselman, Ph.D. & Joshua Cantwell, M.S.W.