A family isn’t always perfect, and this book is here to help. It's graphical, part factual advice, and book three of the Middle School Confidential series that follows tween and teen issues that could come up in any home. It contains information on a wide range of family matters, from sibling rivalry to divorce and other difficult situations. You will find tips for building trust with adults at home and developing strong relationships. This book also gives expert advice on common middle school issues, like dealing with strong moods and making good decisions in heated situations. This family relationships book is filled with character narratives, quizzes, quotes from real kids, and resources for every middle school student.
The following information is included:
- Advice for passing up on “fuel-ish thinking” or runaway thoughts that can escalate bad feelings at home
- 6 tips for staying cool in hot-button situations
- Ideas for getting on the same page with parents, siblings, and others at home
- Advice for tough times—like divorce or the loss of a loved one
- Suggestions for being responsible and earning more independence
Author: Annie Fox, M.Ed