Runtime: 31 mins
When we are asleep, our brains still are controlling our bodies, but sometimes in ways that keep us from getting the rest we need. We all know the effects of sleep deprivation, with the dreaded grogginess, irritability, and poor concentration that accompany it. Some individuals have performed poorly when taking tests, have made mistakes at work, or even had severe accidents because of their inability to focus clearly. In order to avoid the potential negative effects of sleep deprivation, we must learn how to get the sleep we need.
Learning objectives for this DVD include:
- Examine the importance of sleep
- Becoming familiar with the science of sleep, including the sleep cycle and circadian rhythms
- Explore sleep deprivation, identifying its causes, signs, and effects
- Learn about various sleep disorders that can cause them to lose sleep
- Examine what can be done to combat sleep deprivation